Thursday, August 26, 2010

Best Skincare Tip: Use Sunscreen

So far in all the beauty magazines I have read, the number one tip to prevent skin aging (ie. wrinkels) is to wear sunscreen. This got me thinking, and doing research on sunscreen and proper application techniques.

Apparently even on cloudy days, the sun radiation still penetrate 80% so always wear sunscreen if you will be outside.

Tips for choosing and wearing sunscreen:
1) Wear it everyday! (including cloudy and winter days)
2) Look at the active ingredients
3) Usually the higher the SPF, the longer you have to be in the sun before getting burned OR the higher the amount of solar radiation required before you get burn.
4) According to FDA, use at least 1/3 tea spoon for your entire face for optimal protection.


More details in this LINK

One affordable sun screen which I highly recommend is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Water-Light. It has never caused me to break out. Also I can lather it on multiple layers and still doesn't make my combination skin greasy afterward. Love it!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment